Reiche Community Center
Officers present: Liz Parsons, Kim Sutton, Gwynne Williams, Ian Jacob, Pamela Shaw, Bryan Van Dussen, Leana Good-Simpson, Barb DeSerres
Officers absent: Christian Bisimwa
The meeting was called to order at 6:35 PM & self-introductions followed.
Minutes from the Feb 2020 meeting accepted.
Available Funds by Source:
Norway Savings $6,373
Petty Cash $30.00
Less outstanding debits $0
Total Available Funds $6,703
Swim for Life $3,177
Harbor view $254
General fund $3,014
Petty Cash $30
- No update
- Use SeeClickFix to report problems: https://seeclickfix.com
- Emily Figdor gave an update to the renovation plans for Reiche School. Construction costs are rising, so the school board is trying to fix all 3 schools at once (Reiche, Presumpscott & Longfellow). Previous estimate for Reiche construction was 17.2 million, now the estimate is $32.7 million
At Reiche: classrooms will get upgrades, Community Center will not, Air circulation improvements, putting up walls to increase the number of classrooms, life safety/ADA updates will be done.
- Pamela announced West End soil testing for lead will be available for free from the Cumberland County Soil & Water Conservation District https://cumberlandswcd.org/site/
Chris Huff gave a talk on the updated property assessments. Your property valuation is based on one of the following approaches to determine value:
- Market Value – valuation based on recent past sales of similar properties
- Cost Approach – valuation based on the cost of replacing your building on the property
- Income Approach – valuation based on Income & Expenses (for commercial properties)
Informal Appeal meetings will available with Tyler Technologies.
Motion to dismiss, and meeting adjourned at 8:00pm
NEXT WENA MEETING: TBD
Kim Sutton, Secretary