Reiche Community Center
Officers present: Liz Parsons, Kim Sutton, Gwynne Williams, Ian Jacob, Pamela Shaw, Bryan Van Dussen, Christian Bisimwa, Leana Good-Simpson
Officers absent: Barb DeSerres
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM & self-introductions followed. “All I want for Valentine’s Day is…”
No Minutes from the Dec 2019 meeting available.
Available Funds by Source:
Norway Savings $6,837
Petty Cash $30.00
Less outstanding debits $68.86 (USPS Post office box // Osher Membership)
Total Available Funds $7,031
Swim for Life $3,177
Harbor view $254
General fund $3,386
Petty Cash $30
Total Earmarks $7,032
- Dave Argitis: The Portland City website has all the resources for your winter snow parking ban needs: http://www.portlandmaine.gov/393/Snow-Bans
- RAD Classes available through the PPD, find the schedule here: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/amy-st-laurent-foundation-in-partnership-with-the-portland-police-department-17598065145
- Use SeeClickFix to report problems like icy sidewalks: https://seeclickfix.com
- Charles Skold is running for State Rep District 38; find out more: https://www.charlesforportland.com
- There is a meeting to discuss The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs proposal of a 62,000-square-foot clinic and an adjacent 382-space covered parking garage on Commercial Street. Located at 113 West Commercial Street, Portland, ME.
Meeting Location: Casco Bay Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, 321 Commercial Street, Portland ME
Meeting Date: Thursday, February 13, 2020
Meeting Time: 5:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please call Vincent Veroneau at (207)774-5908.
- Matt H from Friends of Western Promenade – take a look at the extensive Master Plan for the Prom here: http://www.portlandmaine.gov/DocumentCenter/View/25824/Western-Prom-Master-Plan-Presentation Find out more or join the mailing list: https://www.friendsofwesternprom.org
Helen Donaldson & Matt Grooms gave a talk on the re-writing/streamlining the City’s Building and Land Use Code. Helen’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt’s Email: email@example.com
Articles 1-13 can be viewed/commented on here: https://www.recodeportland.me/public-input-1
Previous sections can be commented on here: https://www.recodeportland.me/recode-files-1
Spencer Thibodeau will now be attending WENA meetings as he is only on 2 City Committees this year. Reach Spencer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The property tax re-evaluation information will be sent to homeowners in May. There will be scheduled Q&As with Assessing staff.
- Air quality is being worked on, air quality monitors will be installed. Results should be available in April/May
- Coffee with your councilor – March 14th Details TBD
Motion to dismiss, and meeting adjourned at 8:00pm
NEXT WENA MEETING: March 11th, 2020 6:30-8:00 pm at Reiche Community Center
Kim Sutton, Secretary