WENA meeting minutes
February 8, 2022. 6:30 pm on Zoom
Present: Board members attending; Kim Sutton, Pamela Shaw, Barbara DeSerres and
Also present: Kris Clark, Peter Hall, Peter Monro and Steve Scharf
Agenda/ Community Announcements:
1. Harbor view Park presented by Pamela Shaw
– There are grant monies that need to be used this year.
– Plan A; Plant native trees this fall on the slope below the lawn.
– Plan B; Install more park benches on the lawn.
– Ask parks department for help removing invasive species on the slope below the lawn.
2. Western Prom Summer Concerts presented by Kris Clark
– There will be a series of 6 concerts this summer from the second week in July through
the end of August.
– The schedule and announcements will be posted on the WENA website and in West
– Donations and volunteers from WENA were requested and will be welcome.
– Kris volunteered to help find a band for the WENA community picnic.
3. Western Cemetery. presented by Peter Monro
– Stewards of the Western Cemetery have reactivated in order to do gravesite restoration
+ fence and trail maintainence.
– SoWC have connected with Spirits Alive to get training on cemetery maintainence.
Volunteers will be needed for restoration and landscaping.
– The Stewards have applied for 501C3 status and also for grants.
– Funds are needed for to restore damaged grave stones, a tool house and a water
4. Community Center programs. Questions by Peter Hall
– Roseanne Graef explained that activities at the WENA Community Center have been
cancelled because of low staffing levels in the City Rec department, with whom we
– Reiche School will need our space this spring during the remodeling project.
5. School Board Budget. presented by Steve Scharf
– The first draft of the budget is due on March 15.
– City Council votes in the budget in May and it goes to referendum on June 14.
Submitted by Barbara DeSerres, WENA Secretary
May 18th, 2021 – 7:00PM Text from Forum chat
May 19, 2021