We need to have at least 8 participants to make it work well.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with SpeeDebating, here’s how it works:
1) A topic is randomly drawn
2) Participants pair off by color token and go to assigned positions
3) Pairs introduce themselves – 1 minute
4)Pro/con positions are assigned for the question posed by the moderator
5) Pro goes first for 90 seconds; followed by Con for 90 seconds
6) Switch positions—Con goes first for 90 seconds, then Pro for 90 seconds
5) All silently jot down notes for later discussion – 1 minute
Change partners as directed by the moderator and repeat for several rounds.
Fun, Fast, Exciting!
Final 15 minutes or so is for debriefing and discussion.
If you want to be a little prepared, the possible topics for this session include:
* National Service * Changing the Clocks * Pancakes vs. Waffles
* Superpowers * Character Traits * When to Travel * Naming Things for People * Mountain or Seaside Vacations * City or Country Vacations * Children
* Change or Keep Birth Name * Email or Letter * Early Bird/Night Owl
* Home * Friendship * Renaissance or Master * Children * Short vs. Tall
* Clowns * Mindreading * Ice Cream * Living Forever * Summer vs. Winter
* Fresh or Salt Water * Sports
COVID-19 Protocols will be followed: Mask must be worn, at least 3′ distancing, legibly sign in with name and contact information in case contact tracing becomes necessary.